Friday, November 28, 2008

We have a winner .... and a guest designer!!!

Happy Black Friday ladies! Did you all hit the shops and score some wonderful holiday discounts? However you spent this lovely Friday, I hope it was enjoyable!!

We have two pieces of fun news for you this evening. First, we have a winner for our November challenge ......



Congratulations Jana! Your fabulous layout was randomly selected, so send us a message with your address and we'll get your Riff Raff chipboard goodies to you in time for Christmas! We're so proud of all the women who take part in our challenges ... your layouts never cease to amaze us. Be sure to swing by the inspiration gallery for some serious eye candy. It's very inspiring indeed!

Next on the agenda .... we have our FIRST guest designer!!! Her name is Alecia and she'll be playing along with our design team throughout the month of December. Check out some of her incredible work:




We got to "interview" her and here are some of her answers ....

Tell us a little about yourself ... your family, your likes, dislikes, hobbies, etc
A little about me... I'm 33 years, married to an awesome guy, and have two teen stepchildren that live with us full-time (Lord help me, LOL!). I work full-time outside of the home as an Engineering Coordinator, and spend the rest of my "free" time scrapping and hanging with my family and my girls, whenever we get the chance!!!
How did you get into scrapbooking?
A friend I worked with years ago got me into this wonderful hobby. My spare time has been consumed with it ever since (just ask hubby, hehe).

What inspires you the most?
I LOVE to see other people's work. I can get consumed in blog-hopping for hours if I'm not careful. There is SO much inspiration out there to see. I also love using sketches, these are so great for getting your scrappy mojo flowing.

What are your favorite products and techniques to use on layouts?
A few things I find myself ALWAYS reaching for are flowers, ribbon, buttons, bling, brads, journaling spots... oh and ink... I ink everything, hehe.

What advice would you give to women who are new to scrapbooking and just starting out?
The best advice I ever received and have given since, is to remember, there are NO rules to scrapbooking. Grab some supplies, Glue & Go!!!

Would you consider yourself a girly-girl? If so, how do you incorporate that onto your layouts?
A girly-girl... hmmm, I guess I can be if I have to be, hehe. Although I love the girly things on my pages... love using bling, flowers and ribbon bows on my pages and use them often.

It's going to be so fun having Alecia hanging out with us! Make sure you check back on Monday for our first December challenge ... and some fun holiday news .... ooohhh I wish I could spill the beans now, but I think the design team would kill me! hehe

~Stay Pretty!!~

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

welcome Alecia!!! I can't wait to see what you come up with for the December challenges.

And congrats Jana! :o)

Anonymous said...

congrats jana!

and wahoo for alecia! can't wait to see her beautiful layouts!!

-sarah

Alecia Wolfford said...

So very excited about this, thanks ladies!! Will be sending my first challenge layout to you this evening!!

wendipooh13 said...

wooo hooo congrats Alecia!!! way to go girlie and how cool!!!

congrats jona on your page!!

Liza said...

Congrats Jona!

Hi Alecia! Glad to see you as our Guest DT here. Your works are always fabulous and always fun! Can't wait to see your layouts for our challenges soon!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

welcome Alecia!!! can't wait to see more of your work :)

congrats jana!