Sunday, March 1, 2009

March Challenge # 1

Welcome to the month of March, ladies!! Spring is right around the corner and I don't know about you, but I plan on spending these last few weeks of winter daydreaming about flowers, nice weather and Easter!


Here is our first challenge for the month of March. The next time you're at a loss for inspiration, flip open a magazine and take a look at some of the advertisements you see. Advertising executives are often experts at combining different colors and fonts, and the designs usually translate quite well onto a scrapbook page. For this challenge, use the ad for Dior perfume (above) as inspiration for your page. Maybe the colors inspire you ... maybe it's the pink swirl font ... maybe it's the cluster of circles. Allow the ad to ignite a creative spark and see where it takes you ...

Here's what our fabulous design team came up with ...


This layout is by our guest designer, Amanda.

This layout was done by Bekka.


This layout was done by Donna.


This layout was done by Jessica.

We're pleased to announce that we have another great sponsor this month. Michelle from Bubbly Shnooks has generously donated some adorable stickers and tags for one lucky winner. Be sure to send in your layouts by March 27th in order to qualify for the random draw.

~Stay Pretty!~

10 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the different takes on this challenge, and what page concepts the DT ladies were able to come up with for this theme. I can't wait to see how everybody's inspired!

bethchien said...

I love Michelle's work! What an awesome prize!
;P
B

Stephanie said...

awesome layouts ladies! And yes, the prize is fabulous!!

bethchien said...

Hey peeps! Here's my take:

http://ilovedirtylaundry.blogspot.com/2009/03/2-birds-one-stone.html

I took the fun colors as inspiration. I also used the balloons as my inspo for my homemade embellishments (all the circle flowers).
Thanks for a great idea. It couldn't have been more perfect for the page I needed to make for my best friend's bday album.
B

AMY HOANG said...

Gorgeous layouts! The ad is inspiring me too! I feel some craftiness coming on (:

Elizabeth Sanchez said...

http://mommalizzie.blogspot.com/2009/03/ad-to-vertisement.html

fun fun fun!!! i love those colors!!!

Liza said...

Love everyone's interpretation on the ad. Beautiful layouts and really shows the girly side of all.

Anonymous said...

what pretty work from everyone!!!! can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!

hugs,
sarah.

LG said...

http://monamememories.com/gallery/data/551/Crazylittle.gif

idaelenaaa said...

I don't mean to offend you,but the Pretty Committee is not what you describe it as.It is a clique of rich and wealthy girls at a school,so I reccomend changing your name to the Arties,because that could lead to confusion.