Monday, December 15, 2008

December Challenge # 2

Hi Ladies!! Are you all enjoying the 12 Days of Scrap-Mas as much as I am? Trust me, there is lots more to come including fun tutorials and tons of holiday inspiration, so check back often. We're ready to launch December's second challenge, and we're hoping you'll play along with us. Up for grabs is an awesome kit from Scrapbook Deals 4 U!! In our first challenge, we wanted to know what you were wishing for this year. Now, we want to hear all about your holiday traditions. Is there something that you do during the holiday season that makes your spirits bright? Let us know what kinds of traditions you have during this time of year.


Here's how our design team celebrates ....

Amy says: "Every year my mom and I bake a cake for my aunt's Christmas Eve party. Last year we were ambitious and decided to bake a complicated and time consuming Buche De Noel roll cake. It took nearly all day but the end result was absolutely worth it. This tradition of Christmas baking will be with my mom and I forever!"


Donna says: "Since we don't do a tradition that is specifically girly in our house, I did my layout about a dream that the girls and I have of getting a pink foil tree and making it our own girly thing every year."


Cassandra's family tradition is to eat three big meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and one of the meals is always Stone Crabs. Yummy!





Emeline says: "it's an annual year end tradition our family practice to walk down the busy roads in the city to soak up the Christmas atmosphere and to see the beautiful Christmas lights."



Our guest designer, Alecia, says: "For several years now, three of my closest friends and I (we call ourselves the FAB 4) get together at Christmas time to exchange gifts, hang out with each other, cook dinner or eat out somewhere we love, have a few drinks and just have a good time. I have always made them each a handmade Christmas card, and this year was not going to be any different. Here are my three cards I made for the girls this year."

So make a layout letting us know how you celebrate the season. You have until December 31st to get your layouts in.

Be sure to swing by Sarah's blog ... she's having an awesome RAK giveaway. Oh, and tune in tomorrow for an awesome tutorial by Cassandra.

~Stay Pretty!!~

5 comments:

Liza said...

LOve this challenge! And good to see different traditions being celebrated or remembered.

Heather Landry said...

http://scrapbook.com/galleries/92738/view/1874029/-1/0/1.html

I sat right down and did mine because I had the perfect (slightly offbeat) tradition to scrap! Thanks for the inspiration.

rpfangirljr said...

Everyone's layouts are so Christmassy Gorgeous!

mica said...

Well, baking and decorating cookies, watching a Christmas movie, driving around the neighborhood to enjoy lights are some things we always do. The one I chose to scrap is.... http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=145760&user_id=9361

Happy Holidays!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is an AWESOME challenge!!! Here is my take on it! :):):):):):):) TFL! :):):):):):):):)

http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=146902&user_id=7807