Sunday, December 14, 2008

On the 2nd day of Scrap-Mas ...

... the Pretty Committee gave to me: some holiday inspiration from design team member Donna!

What gets me in the mood for the holidays? I am one that LOVES the holidays. From Thanksgiving to New Year's, I am in heaven. The aromas of pies, cakes, and cookies baking. Spending time with the kids playing games, baking together, watching holiday movies. Every year, one of the kids tries to make it to seeing Santa, but no one ever does. That final night of the year; the competition to see who can outlast the clock and welcome in the new.

So many things have inspired me through out the holidays. I love the gingerbread houses that start popping up through out the late fall. The kids and I have so much fun planning our next "home improvement" project.


The weather gets me in the mood for wrapping gifts. (Especially now that we live somewhere that it actually snows!) Beautiful fat flakes and falling snow blanketing the trees and lawns.




My favorite winter/holidays colors can be founds everywhere in my home. Blues ~ teal and royals, Pinks ~ light and dark, green ~ lime and traditional, red, silver.

And I always make sure to toss in the extra the extra sparkle everywhere.

Happy holidays!!

Donna.

5 comments:

Bekka said...

I love the snow photos! We haven't seen any yet this year, but I'm hoping for a white Christmas. :)

Liza said...

No white Christmas where I am. LOL! But it's definitely cooler which really makes you feel the Christmas air. Love that Advent Tree.

Jessica said...

Christmas is the only day each year where I love the snow. It makes the day perfect and magical.

Anonymous said...

how fun! i totally want a white christmas! :) thanks for all the holiday fun donna!

-sarah

Stephanie Baxter said...

Yum!! That gingerbread house looks amazing!!